An atomic unit of managed information in InfoGrid, such as a business object. A MeshObject may be blessed by one or more EntityTypes, carry Properties, and participate in Relationships with other MeshObjects. A MeshObject is identified by a unique MeshObjectIdentifier.
All MeshObjects always live in and are managed by a MeshBase. Some implementations of MeshBase swap out and garbage-collect any currently unused MeshObjects and transparently recreate them from external storage when accessed by an InfoGrid application in order to support large numbers of MeshObjects in the same MeshBase.
A MeshObject automatically raises a number of events using the standard JavaBeans API patterns:
- events indicating that one of the MeshObject's Properties changed its value
- events indicating that the MeshObject was blessed or unblessed
- events indicating that the MeshObject has gained a new relationship to a new neighbor MeshObject or lost one
- events indicating that a Relationship in which the MeshObject participates was blessed or unblessed
- events indicating that the MeshObject was deleted.