The InfoGrid persistence architecture is built around the Store abstraction.
- to initialize the Store
- to put named blobs into the Store
- to update named blobs in the Store
- to get named blobs from the Store
- to delete named blobs, or blobs with names matching a pattern from the Store
- to subscribe to events emitted by the Store.
Subtype IterableStore augments these operations with additional operations:
InfoGrid provides several implementations of these interfaces, including:
- mapping to several relational database management systems
- mapping to files in a local file system
- mapping to files in a potentially distributed grid
- delegating, with a name prefix, to another Store (PrefixingStore)
- in-memory only (MStore)
- delegating to another Store, encrypting and decrypting the named blob on the fly (EncryptedStore).
Application developers may develop additional implementations of Store.