How to build InfoGrid
- Make sure you have a reasonably recent version of the Java Developer's Kit JDK, such as Java 5 or Java 6, and you can invoke its tools like javac from the command line
- Obtain Subversion and check out the branch you wish to build as described in Subversion.
- Go to the root directory of your branch, e.g. cd ~/svn/svn.infogrid.org/infogrid/<BRANCH> (see Subversion Branches)
- You need a configuration file for your computer's configuration that contains such information as where a local Tomcat server can be found to run tests. You can find example configuration files in the ig-config directory at the root of your branch. You may want to use one of the configuration files there or create your own. If you do not specify such a configuration file, the build script will use the NetBeans defaults, which may be undesirable.
- Assuming you are using configuration file ig-config/localhost.tomcat6.properties, execute the following command:
ig-tools/build.sh -clean -build -doc -c ig-config/localhost.tomcat6.properties
This will execute a clean build and generate JavaDoc documentation for each module.
To execute tests, consult Test Instructions.
If you are setup to run tests (see Test Instructions), you can also perform a clean build, generate javadoc and run all tests with the shortcut command:
ig-tools/build.sh -a -c ig-config/localhost.tomcat6.properties